Gearing up at level 70

Tyrandil
Count
Count
Realm: Guild Wars 2

Gearing up at level 70

Post by Tyrandil »

Something I discovered very recently -- the best way to prepare yourself for epic content, once you hit level 70, is to simply get on the Auction House and replace all of your gear with cheap blue level 70 junk. Really.

Focus on picking up gear that grants you additional hit points, and you should be able to approximately double your hit point pool. You're going to need all the HP you can get.

The game has recently been patched to allow you to buy blue level 70 junk gear with weapon and armor enchantment slots from the Auction House. This means you can buy a very cheap chest armor piece that grants about 10,000 HP and also has room for your soulforged enchantment. (Previously, you could have acquired the Eternal chest armor piece from the Well of Dragons, which did the same thing, but it was more work.) I cannot recommend enough that you buy one of these before you head into an epic Tier 1 dungeon. The epic dungeons are very rough nowadays and you're going to keenly feel the absence of your soulforged if you don't take it along.
I'm always down for a dungeon!
Kermit
Count
Count

Re: Gearing up at level 70

Post by Kermit »

^What he said

I went from 1000 to 1900 gear score simply by upgrading to blues and grabbing the free offhand artifact and free Lord Neveremember Cloak when you hit 70
Tyrandil
Count
Count

Re: Gearing up at level 70

Post by Tyrandil »

Updated my previous post to reflect that you can now buy junk level 70 blue gear with weapon and armor enchantment slots (e.g., Soulforged).
I'm always down for a dungeon!

Return to “Information & Updates”