Fashion Wars 2: GW2 Armor/Appearance Resources

Ismene (Quirk)
Baroness
Baroness
Realm: Final Fantasy XIV
Record: Recruit: 9/26/15, Squire: 10/16/15, Baroness: 4/10/16

Fashion Wars 2: GW2 Armor/Appearance Resources

Post by Ismene (Quirk) »

The art of Pretty, Pretty, Princess (aka Fashion Wars 2) is one with a long and venerable history. Kicking butt and looking good while doing so can be very rewarding! Here are a few resources for making your character look the way you want (and please feel free to add to this as there are many):

GW2 Style is a good place to browse if you're not sure what look you're going for and want some inspiration, or if you found a great look and want to show it off.

Dulfy always has the latest Gem Store previews for outfits and skins, generally for every race.

The Wiki has great resources for Light, Medium and Heavy armors. There's also a page for specific armor sets and where/how to acquire them. These include most of the armors linked to below as well.

The Orders all have unique sets. The Priory, The Vigil and The Order of Whispers have distinct looks. These are available at level 80 (or for transmutation charges to other armor at any level if you already have them unlocked).

Cultural armor is very expensive at tier 3, but can look pretty cool. Some of the early tiers look nice as well and are far less expensive. These are available at level 35 (Tier 1), level 60 (Tier 2), and level 80 (Tier 3).
Asura
Charr
Human
Norn
Sylvari

There are two sets, Radiant and Hellfire, that can be unlocked through achievement points. As far as I can tell there is no level requirement.

Dungeons can also be a good way to achieve armor. Each explorable-mode dungeon drops unique tokens that you can buy the armor set with later. A full set of dungeon armor will cost 1,380 of whatever tokens it drops. These have a level requirement of 80.
Ascalonian Catacombs
Caudecus' Manor
Twilight Arbor
Sorrow's Embrace
Citadel of Flame
Crucible of Eternity
Honor of the Waves
The Ruined City of Arah

World vs World provides access to armor sets. The exotic versions can be purchased through badges of honor: a full set will take 1,689 badges. Fine, Masterwork and Rare versions can be bought with Karma.

PvP also gives access to the Glorious Reward track, part of which includes the Glorious Armor sets. Level 80 and Tier 8 is required.

The Living Story 2 and Heart of Thorns stories provide access to some armor sets as well. These require the HoT expansion and level 80.
Carapace Armor pieces are a reward for Living Story 2 chapters and can also be bought from various vendors in the Silver Wastes.
Bladed Armor is a reward for some HoT story missions in Verdant Brink and can also be bought from the Itzel Mastery vendor in Jaka Itzel. The Itzel language is required to purchase them.
Guild Wars 2: Quirk.8056
Image Fribble Image (And too many more to count!)

SWTOR: The Kos Legacy
Windemere
Duke
Duke

Re: Fashion Wars 2: GW2 Armor/Appearance Resources

Post by Windemere »

THIS IS FANTASTIC AND ESSENTIAL INFO! Thank you! Stickied! :D
Guild Wars 2: Windemere.6534

Image Windemere Gealaich Image
Nimue
Baroness
Baroness
Record: Recruit 07-15-2015
Squire 08-09-2015
Knight 12-14-2015
Baroness 06-05-2016

Post by Nimue »

Thanks for compiling this! I need that Twilight Arbor armour for my Mesmer...

Guild Wars 2: Nimue.4892
Image Nimue De Danann Image
Ismene (Quirk)
Baroness
Baroness

Post by Ismene (Quirk) »

Thanks! And agreed, Nimue - I was eyeing that Twilight Armor for Palethorne too :) Anytime we want to put together some Twilight Arbor explorable mode runs, I am in!

Windemere
Duke
Duke

Post by Windemere »

Keep in mind that so long as you completed the story version of any dungeon, you can earn dungeon specific armor and tokens via PvP as well by enabling that reward track. So it's not just the Glorious armor sets that are obtainable via PvP, but any set offered by dungeons as well. :fight
Guild Wars 2: Windemere.6534

Image Windemere Gealaich Image
Sofija
Baron
Baron
Record: Squire - June 22, 2014
Knight - August 24, 2014
Champion - October 17, 2015
Baron - November 29, 2017

Post by Sofija »

Thanks a bunch Ismene!

I must get this https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mistward_armor for Hermod, though I'm not 100% sure on how to get it as it says I need to complete the Salvation specialization than collect 7 items and skins.
Nothing though is really jumping out at me for Sofija, though the Stag Armor is cool.
Nimue
Baroness
Baroness
Record: Recruit 07-15-2015
Squire 08-09-2015
Knight 12-14-2015
Baroness 06-05-2016

Post by Nimue »

Sofija wrote: I must get this https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mistward_armor for Hermod, though I'm not 100% sure on how to get it as it says I need to complete the Salvation specialization than collect 7 items and skins.
For the Mistward items, open the Achievements tab in your Hero window and go to "Collections" > "Specialization Collections". Each armour piece is a separate collection achievement, and the notes on the individual achievements will tell you what the prerequisites are to unlock the collection. Looks like a long term project :D

Guild Wars 2: Nimue.4892
Image Nimue De Danann Image
Ismene (Quirk)
Baroness
Baroness

Post by Ismene (Quirk) »

Here is something that some may find interesting/useful. Looking for a specific dye color? There are 500 in the game! Here are a bunch, with links to certain dye "families" and by color that can get you headed in the right direction:

Dyes

One kind that I recently discovered are 'enameled' dyes - they look particularly awesome on metallic armor.

Dulfy has a bunch of pics up on her site of some enameled dye examples.

They can get kind of expensive on the TP (over 100g in most cases), but every once in a while you can find one for cheaper.

Return to “Guides & Resources”